logo

logo
Petit Fours: a Sydney food blog

logo

logo
Petit Fours: a Sydney food blog

logo

logo
Petit Fours: a Sydney food blog

Friday 15 August 2014

Mooberry, Neutral Bay


I'm going to chuck in a disclaimer for the record. I'm not head-over-heels with frozen yoghurt. Never have been. It's fresh and light but it's pretty much sour ice cream to me. Yes, I'm uncultured. Unlike yoghurt (geddit, geddit?!?!). But I'm honest so when I was asked for a sample with a friend, I knew at least one of us would be super excited.




Walk in and you're hit with Mooberry's wonderfully arbitrary persona. A glowing tree with synthetic grass on the side of the wall? Why not? 



Throw a moose head right next to it?  Let's give it a go. It's eccentric and fun and I like it.







Passionfruit on passionfruit is the way to go for me. It's easily my favourite with a strong acidity and sweet flavour. Caramel's okay but bits and pieces of it have clumped up resulting in a not-so-smooth texture. I love how they're more than willing to offer advice on what to pair things with as opposed to chucking everything on and seeing what works. What's more brilliant is their 1 dollar for unlimited toppings deal. Ever wanted to squeeze more fruit than imaginable on a cup without breaking the bank? Well now you can. 



The hot chocolate is where it's at however. Other froyo joints take note. This is a cafe first in my mind and they do it well. Smooth and creamy and sweet with salted caramel, warm up your hands and heart with this cup of joy.



The waffles are decent. They're all soft and buttery but begs for a slightly crispier edge. You can't go wrong with generous lashings of chocolate and jack it up with some fruit and coconut frozen yoghurt and you're all freshened up for more.



Having been to the Newtown shop, Mooberry again reminds us that they're not just another frozen yoghurt store. 

Not enough to convert a froyo-naysayer permanently like me but there's more than enough else there tickle your tummy. Despite the aforementioned hesitancy, I'd happily go back there again.

Mr C and guest dined at Mooberry courtesy of Jenny from Mooberry.



MooBerry Dessert & Breakfast Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Unlimited toppings for $1? Load me up, I say!

Post a Comment


No, we aren't the most amazing gastronomes or chefs. Heck, half our team doesn't even know how to cook... well. However, what we really love is eating. And lots of it. We enjoy that occasional freebie, filling up that craving for a midnight snack and finding a 20 in our pockets that we thought we never had, and using that as an excuse to go out eating. As we battle the ongoing war on uni student poverty, we'll bring you the most swoon worthy recounts of our latest foodie adventures.


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...